Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Great Day!

Yesterday Elena woke up extra grumpy at 7:00, I was sure that the day was going to be a fun day with a miserable teething toddler.  Her molars are coming in all at once which accounts for her bouts of anger.  Don't get me wrong, Elena is the happiest baby most of the time....other than night time. Night time still gets pretty bad, when will she sleep through the night?!?! Maybe next year? lol But that girl really can through a serious temper tantrum.
 

 

 


Anyways, Elena turned into the happiest baby after a much needed 2 hour nap (that I may or may not have joined in on).  After a shower and lunch Elena and I needed some change of scenery.  I felt as if I had conquered the day already by getting a shower before noon lol.  I needed to buy some more yarn (Sorry Joe) for an order that I was going to get started on. 

Right before I got off the exit to go to PatCatans (about 10 minutes from my house) Elena fell asleep!! Soooo being the good mommy that I am I decided to keep driving, you know so she could rest.  I just so happened to stumble upon Hobby Lobby (about half an hour away from my house).  Can you believe it?! It just came out of nowhere, my favorite place ever! lol 





Walking around Hobby Lobby is no longer the peaceful time that it used to be.  Elena decided that running around and pulling the frames off of shelves was a much better use of our time.  Haha she was sooooo cute though.  She would run around the displays saying "mama mama mamamamaamama maaaaaaa maaaaaaa" while I chased her.  Adorable...she's just too cute!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
While chasing her I was able to find the yarn that I needed AND this awesome mirror!
 
  For $2.50!!!!!!!
WHAT?! I've been wanting one of these mirrors for a while now. 
I cant pass up 90% off!  What a deal. 
 




I was super excited about my purchase and needed to stop and get Elena come water for her ride
home.  That girl drinks soooooo much, like 50 ounces of fluids, is this normal?!  I decided to run through the Chick-fil-A drive through and get myself a Diet Dr Pepper (my addiction).  I love Chick-fil-A, I always have had great service and great food.  When I got to the window the sweet girl told me that my drinks were on the house! Really?! She told me that it was a random act of kindness.  I knew I loved Chick-fil-A for a reason! :) This made my whole day!  I need to think up something cute to do for someone as a random act of kindness now.  Any good ideas? It's little things that make my day.




Elena was hysterical the rest of the night.  She was soooo happy and laughed and sang and danced.  She even went right down for bedtime.  Did she sleep through the night? Nope...it was horrible.  Buuuuuuuut she's so darn cute, I guess I'll keep her.  ;) 

I do think that I may lose my husband to the couch pretty soon though.

3 comments:

  1. Love the random act of kindness. Also the wonderful way i get to be connected to you and Elena.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a little cutie pa-tootie! My boys took a while to start sleeping through the night, too--it sure is a good thing God makes them so adorable at the beginning, right? ;) Yay for a random act of kindness! Love that! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete