Sunday, July 21, 2013

The biggest blessings come in the Tiniest Packages...

Welcome to The Tiniest Packages Blog!!
 
I'm starting this little blog as a way to keep family and friends updated on our little family without blowing up your newsfeeds daily (as I tend to do, lol).  A blog is a great way to share our special memories and to keep them safe.  I would love for Elena to be able to read these posts and see what we were doing, how I was feeling, how sweet she was! 


I also want to share my daughter's story.  Elena is a little over one year old, she was born at 30 weeks gestation with almost no warning.  Elena weighed in at 3 pounds 3 ounces and was 16.5 inches long.  I want to inspire women who may be in the same situation as I was a year ago.  Being a NICU mom is hard work, emotionally and physically. But it does get easier, it becomes your normal quickly.  Elena was in Magee's NICU for 35 days where she learned to breathe, eat, keep her heart rate up and be able to stay warm.  I didn't know anything about preemies, the nurses and doctors were so helpful with all of my paranoid, overprotective questions.  It takes an amazing person to work with the tiniest of babies.  Not only are they taking care of these babies but they are taking care of the parents who are scared and unsure of the many alarms and wires.  They are so full of great tips and information. We were blessed with such an amazing baby even though she did scare her mama half to death from day 1!!
 


 





We were surrounded by so much kindness in our time of need.  I was able to read so many inspiring stories about preemies that gave me hope.  Maybe I can help just one person?







Elena is such a perfect baby!  She runs around my house at the speed of light, heaven help me.  She says about 10 words and can sign "more" and "all done".  She knows where her nose and belly are (geniussssss).  She is such a social baby and loves going to Target with mama, playing with her friends at the park and story time and taking walks.  


 
 
 
Thanks for reading and I hope that you follow along with my crazy little family!
 
Alyssa <3

 

2 comments:

  1. Alyssa you are the greatest mother for Elena in this whole world.Joe is the luckiest man to have two wonderful ladies share his name.Love Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Auntie Shell!! Thankkkkk you!

    ReplyDelete